Volunteers for Ride for Rights 2019: Events Management, Design, and/or Outreach
Are you passionate about cycling and outdoor sports? Do you care about human rights? And do you want to use your skills for a good cause? Then come and volunteer with Hague-based human rights organisation Justice and Peace Netherlands!
Minimum hours per week: 6-8 hours
Start date: as soon as possible
Period: until 19 May 2019
We are looking for volunteers for Ride for Rights 2019, a challenging cycle fundraising event in the Netherlands that will take place on 18-19 May 2019. The event will involve a 24-hour challenge that will take cyclists across a 400 kilometer route, starting and finishing in The Hague. Cyclists can take on the challenge as a solo cyclist, or together as a team or relay team.
Whether you have experience in fundraising, are organised and enjoy event management, or love designing and communications, or are outgoing and want to help us sign up cyclists, you may have a place in our Ride for Rights team. Our goal is to organise a fun and challenging event for cyclists and those helping us along the way, while raising money for an important cause.
We are looking for volunteers for the following:
- Planning and event management – Are you detailed orientated and enjoy planning events?
- Handling event logistics with 6 different Dutch cities and multiple partners
- Organising supplies and equipment, venues, etc
- Drafting event schedule
- Promotion and communications – Are you creative, enjoy writing, design and communications?
- Creating advertising materials for digital and physical use (flyers, posters, banners, etc)
- Creating a short promo video
- Promoting the event on social media and online
- Ride for Rights ambassador – Are you outgoing, friendly, and a cyclist enthusiast yourself?
- Signing up cyclists to participate in the event
- Meeting with cycling associations, shops, and companies
- Contacting local businesses and supporters
Candidates should have the following competences:
- Excellent oral and written skills in English AND Dutch (few exceptions to Dutch apply)
- Organised, stress resistant, flexible, professional, and able to work at a fast pace
- A higher-education degree or diploma
We offer you:
- A fun experience working with a human rights organisation in The Hague centre
- The chance to meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team
- Possibility to get acquainted with the many organisations and people who work for human rights
- Reimbursement of travel costs (2nd class) and other costs related (by prior agreement)
- Fresh coffee (Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato … we have everything!)
- 50% discount on your lunch at the Juni Café at Het Nutshuis
You may apply for one or more of the above tasks. We will meet at least once a week on a day that suits you best. Otherwise hours can be made out of office.
Are you interested? Send a short motivation letter and CV to Aisha North, Communications Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, citing ‘Volunteer: Ride for Rights 2019’. Deadline: this vacancy will be run until filled. For more information: email Aisha North at email@example.com or call 070 763 1499.