Internship: Communications & Film
**Applicants must be current students of Haagse Hogeschool/The Hague University of Applied Sciences**
Are you a creative communications talent and enjoy translating stories into different medias? Are you interested in human rights and do you want to gain experience working at an NGO? Then this could be for you! Come and join us in The Hague at human rights organisation Justice and Peace Netherlands.
We are looking for a Communications & Film Intern for the project ‘Human Rights Defenders Mural’.
16 hours a week
Period: July – September 2019
We are currently working on a new project that aims to realise a mural in the city of Peace and Justice, The Hague, in honour of the work of human rights defenders – the brave people on the front line defending human rights in often challenging circumstances. The image of human rights defenders such as Martin Luther King are well-known, but there are many others at the local level continuing their legacies and defending human rights in their communities. This mural becomes a monument for all individuals who are committed to human rights, peace and justice at local level around the world.
In order to make the meaning behind this mural louder, we are looking for a creative individual to assist the Communications team to create inspiring content – in the form of film! You will work closely with the Communications Officer from the start to the end of the creation of the mural, showcasing the process and people making it happen.
What are you going to do?
- You support the Communications team in all occurring activities in the field of communication, whereby the recording and filming of the project “Human Rights Defenders Mural” will be central;
- You create content for the online channels;
- You also develop other means of communication such as photography, videos, interviews, banners, press releases, reports, flyers or advertisements;
- You contribute to the organisation and promotion of an event with human rights defenders and the opening;
- Other activities that occur during the internship period.
We are looking for candidates with the following competences:
- You are currently a student at the Haagse Hogeschool who is studying a course related to Communications, Film, or already has some experience and affinity with (online) communication;
- You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language (spoken and written);
- You can easily make a story your own and can easily translate this into clear and appealing messages for different target groups and channels;
- You feel comfortable in an international environment in which you work together with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- You are energetic and proactive; you enjoy working on new things;
- You are flexible and do not mind leaving your comfort zone.
We offer you:
- Internship compensation of € 400 gross per month (based on 36 hours);
A workplace at our great office (Het Nutshuis) in The Hague centre
- Fresh coffee (Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato … we have everything!)
- 50% discount on your lunch at the Juni Café at Het Nutshuis
- Good atmosphere in a small team, where working hard and having fun go hand-in-hand
- Possibility to get acquainted with organisations and people who work for human rights and social change.
Are you interested? Send a motivation letter and a short CV to Sebastiaan van der Zwaan, Director of Justice and Peace to: email@example.com . State that you want to be considered for the position “Internship Communications – Project Human Rights Defenders Mural’. For more information, contact Aisha North (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 070-763-1499.